Blochman Union School DistrictApplication Process
The Consortium will offer 4 full-time positions during the 2019-2020 internship cycle. Students interested in applying for the internship program should submit an online application through the APPIC website (www.appic.org).
Santa Barbara Psychology Internship Consortium is included in the APPIC Directory on Line (DoL)
APPIC SB-PIC Program Member Code #2455
Applicants can apply to any or all of the SB-PIC tracks.
The names and codes of each track are as following;
SB-PIC Santa Barbara School District (245511)
SB-PIC Carpinteria School District (245512)
SB-PIC Santa Maria School District (245513)
SB-PIC Santa Ynez Valley School District (245514)
SB-PIC Blochman Union School District (245515)
Each intern in the SB-PIC will receive a $30,000 stipend (with no other fringe benefits).
A complete application consists of the following materials:
- A completed On‐line AAPI (APPIC’s standard application).
- Cover letter (part of on‐line AAPI) stating your preferred training site(s) and why you are interested in those sites specifically.
- A current Curriculum Vitae (as part of the on‐line AAPI).
- Three letters of recommendation, two of which must be from persons who have directly supervised your clinical work (as part of the on‐line AAPI). Please submit no more than three letters.
- Official transcripts of all graduate coursework.
- All applicants are required to include a work sample as part of the application process. Applicants should upload one integrated psychological evaluation. Please submit no more than the requested document.
All application materials must be received by December 1 in order to be considered for an internship position. Successful applicants will be notified by December 17 via email or telephone of the opportunity to attend an on-site interview in January (JANUARY 7, 2019).
SB-PIC will base its selection process on the entire application package noted above; however, applicants who have met the following qualifications prior to beginning internship are preferred:
- A minimum of 300 hours of practicum experience
- Assessment, intervention, consultation, and counseling practicum experiences
- Dissertation proposed (preferred but not required)
This internship site agrees to abide by the APPIC policy that no person at this training facility will solicit, accept, or use any ranking-related information from any intern applicant.
Questions regarding the application or interview process may be directed to SB-PIC’s Co-Director of Operations,
Dr. Shane Jimerson, at Jimerson@education.ucsb.edu.